California Fireworks Laws
4th of July is close, and we have got all the do’s and don’ts of fireworks for you right here. These are not just safety tips, but actual California laws that you must follow, which are structured around safety.
- “Dangerous Fireworks” are 100% illegal for the public to sell, purchase, and set off. Dangerous Fireworks include rockets, sparklers longer than 10 inches, torpedoes, roman candles, firecrackers, and more. Almost all fireworks, especially the ones that create a big boom in the sky. Dangerous Fireworks may only be sold to, purchased by, and set off by licensed professionals who organize the big, official fireworks show.
- “Safe and Sane Fireworks” are the select few fireworks that the public may sell, purchase, and set off. These are smaller grade and as the name says, safer.
- “Safe and Sane Fireworks” may only be sold between noon on June 28 and noon on July 6 each year through state-licensed retailers. The licenses automatically expire at noon on July 6, so they must be renewed the following year by June 15.
- One must be at least 16 years old in order to purchase “Safe and Sane Fireworks.”
- Fireworks may not be set off within 100 feet of gasoline or other flammable liquid. Obviously, it also may not be set off where it is likely to injure another person.
Violations to any of the above California fireworks laws are generally misdemeanors that carry a fine and up to a year in jail. However, in circumstances where the person is found with over 5,000 pounds of dangerous fireworks, they can face a fine of $5,000 or greater and more than 1 year in jail.
We at Monterey Bail Bond Store want all of you out there to have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July. We do not want to have to bail anyone out of jail because that means something went wrong somewhere. We truly want you all to be safe and have fun. However, if you do need bail bond assistance, we will not hesitate to answer your online chat or call. You can chat with us online or call 831-422-8800. Call and ask about cheap bail bonds we offer. We work 24/7 and we will respond ASAP.