With the new year comes several new traffic laws that Californians must be aware of, or pay up for disobeying.
- The “Yellow Alert” is a notification system that is issued publicly just like Amber Alerts. Yellow Alerts mean that there is a search out for a car that was involved in a serious or fatal crash, but fled the scene.
- Vehicle drivers and bikers cannot wear headphones in or on both ears. They have to have at least one ear open.
- Skaters skating while drunk will be cited for a DUI.
- Only people age 16 and older can ride motorized skateboards (such as the current popular ride, hoverboards) and they must wear a helmet.
- On a first offense DUI, the convicted must use the Ignition Interlock Device for 5 months; 1 year for a second offense and 2 years for a third offense.
Like with any other broken law, breaking these laws can result in tickets, fines, jail time, an arrest, etc. These new laws are made to ensure safety, so it’s best to just accept these changes.
If you or anyone you know is ever arrested for breaking any of the above laws – or let alone any law in general – help them out by securing a bail bond for their release. You can access flexible bail bond options by contacting Manteca Bail Bond Store. We are open 24/7 for your convenience.