Didn’t Win Powerball? That’s Okay – Greenfield Bail Bond Store Will Help You Afford Bail
With all the excitement surrounding last month’s $1.6 billion Powerball draw, we decided to dig our toes and find some interesting facts about the lottery – and the proper ways to play.
- The Powerball lottery is only played in 44 states. Hawaii, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, Alaska, Mississippi and Alabama do not participate. However, this does not mean it’s illegal for permanent residents of these states to play. These residents would need to travel to a state where the lottery is played to buy their tickets. For this Powerball in particular, many people drove for hours to the “nearest” store in the nearest state that does participate in Powerball just to purchase tickets.
- Just like any form of gambling, participants in the Powerball must be at least 18 years of age.
- Anyone caught trying to cash in a fake or false ticket can face criminal charge. Lying to win in this form is illegal.
- There were over 3.7 million tickets sold for this $1.6 billion drawing.
- This $1.6 billion Powerball is the largest pool in history.
- There was a 1 in 292.2 million chance of winning the lottery. You were more likely to be struck by lightning and a meteorite in your lifetime (1 in 210 million)
Winning the lottery sure would have done away with bail woes but don’t worry, Greenfield Bail Bond Store will help ease some of that stress too. Unfortunately, we cannot pay off your entire bail bond for you but we can help you out so that you only end up paying 10-15% of the bail bond rather than 100% of it.